Thursday, July 14, 2011

Life's Journey, the Roads aren't always paved, sometimes you have to make your own!!..

So, I am writing this early, I am leaving in a few hours to go camping and floating down in Southern MO. on the black river on an annual camping/float trip.

I go with a great bunch of friends that make the journey of life just that more amazing. Sometimes I know I am blessed more than I ever realize, but to reflect where I came from some 4 yrs ago now on the 16th and where I have made it I sometimes cant believe this is my life, it amazes me to no end.

Some 4 yrs ago, I ended something that had been in my life for almost 9 yrs, My Marriage ended and though at that time I had no idea what it was I was really feeling, I can now look back at the place it has brought me today, and allowing myself to overcome and build upon what it was I lost, and what is has allowed me to do with my life and understand, I know I am such a lucky person.  I don't want to seam like it meant nothing, because it did, I had an amazing relationship for so long, it seems that time took its course and for some reason that road ended.

Life is always a Journey, whether you or on a smooth well built structured and safe path, or you are on a path that you cant even seem to be able to pass without major work and detours.  Sometimes the best blessings are those paths that lead to nowhere, the ones that make you struggle just to get to the other side of some place that you have no idea where they will lead.  The Darkness through the trees is sometimes the safest, slowest, and most rewarding path that can be taken, though we never can see that while we are taking them, I can at least look back and say, I did this, I found something great out of something that seamed so horrible at the time, and came out with something even better than where I was when I started the original path that I was on.  

I came out with a sense of who I was, no it wasn't all at the moment that I started over, it never is, it took me a long time to be able to sit here and say, thank you for the struggles I had to endure to make it to where I am now, and make me the person I am today, for if it was not for where I was then, I wouldn't be half the Man I am today, I got to grow, and make something even better than I could have imagined I could.  

I am more blessed every day for everything that I have ever been through, I enjoy the struggles that come along with learning, and getting to build my own path, I think it means so much more to be the one blazing the trail for yourself, than following someone on theirs, and just going with the flow, It hasn't always been easy, but if life was, what fun would that be, I enjoy the sometimes crazy UN-explainable path that comes along with a real journey that has, is and will be My Life, of unexpected and amazing paths, here is to all that cross mine, and see how B E A utiful I have made it, and hopefully wanna share in the experience along the way.

Here is to Letting Go, of what once was, and making the best of everything that comes along after....

No comments:

Post a Comment