Thursday, July 14, 2011

POETRY SCHMOETRY BLOGFEST


You never know what you've got until its gone,
 what is right until it goes horribly wrong,
 if something is right around that next corner
if everything you have is really in order

If the steps you take
are really all you need, 
If wanting more 
isn't really all about greed

Taking the time to turn the Clock
moving on to what seems like a better spot

We remember the past like it was once our own
best thing to remember is how we've grown
how we have built that foundation
that we stand so strongly on
but even to realize all of that is gone

The best thing to remember are the memories we hold dear
cause sometimes,
Never Knowing,
is the only thing that is clear. 

13 comments:

  1. Way to go taking some big thoughts and putting them simply. The first and second line are a great opening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like poems that make me reflect on what I have in life. Yours does that well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could be a song :) Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True. Not knowing is the only thing we're sure of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've seen that brain before, thanks for editing it =)
    excellent poem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this poem. It's such a true message that a lot of people often forget. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the picture inside your poem was a nice touch!
    Great work Jared!
    Thanks for the last minute entry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great poem paired with the perfect illustration! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the great feedback and wonderful comments,
    now I do not feel my brain is a direct reflection of the illustration I found and posted, but I feel the idea I was going for was received.

    Shelly it was last minute, I wanted to be included, since I am just starting out in the online blog world, I was trying to test the waters, and came up with something in the 11th hr, I hope it is understood, and enjoyed, and actually flows well, thank you all for reading,

    ReplyDelete